Last Updated on Thursday, 04 February 2010 03:51
Booking Terms & Conditions
These are our standard conditions for all bookings.
The payment of your deposit confirms that you have read & understood all of the booking conditions set out below.
Accommodation arrangements are based on using existing bedding. This may mean sharing a double bed. If you are under 18 you must have consulted your parent and gained their consent to proceed with your booking.
A deposit of 50% of your total booking amount must be paid to confirm your booking unless alternative arrangements have been made with Seaside Stayz. The person making the booking must stay in the property and will be held liable and responsible for the conduct of all guests. The premises are let to you for holiday purposes only for the period stated on the booking invoice and for the maximum persons per bed of premises booked. Exceeding maximum numbers will render the tenant liable to cancellation of the booking immediately and forfeiture of rental monies.
When you pay the deposit, we will send you an agreement to confirm all the details. With this you will receive information about key pick up and directions to your property.
Final payment for your accommodation must be paid 14 days prior to arrival at most properties. There are a few exceptions. All prices quoted include GST. If the number of people booked to share the property changes, we must be notified immediately of the revised number of people booked so a new rate can be confirmed and the property notified. Confirmations and invoices are subject to re-issue if incorrect through error or omission and the guest accepts the liability to then pay the correct cost or to decline to retain the reservation.
• Where a cancellation is made within 30 days or 60 days ( See below for applicable period) prior to check-in - deposit is non refundable.
• An administration fee of $100 will be charged for all cancellations.
• Additionally the balance of deposit will be refunded only if notice of cancellation is received at least 30 days prior to the intended date of arrival.
• For bookings that fall into the Easter period or the VIC Christmas school holidays 60 days notice of cancellation is required.
• No refund will be made for any early departure.
All prices are correct at time of publishing and are subject to change.
Payment by Mastercard, Visa, Direct Deposit and Cash is welcome. We accept cheques provided we have 14 days to clear them. A surcharge of 3% for American Express and Diners applies if you use these cards.
You must provide Seaside Stayz with current credit card details before the start of your rental. You give us authority to deduct from your credit card for losses or damage, and for any other costs that you have incurred with us. Please note that we reserve the right to increase the security bond for any groups which, we believe, fall into a higher risk category.
Changes and Cancellations
We understand that it is sometimes necessary to change a booking. Should you wish to do so we will try to fit in with your needs, but if we cannot and you cannot continue with this booking then you understand that the cancellation conditions will apply.
Availability of the property
We will make the property available for your use and in a clean and tidy condition at the start time and date shown in the booking confirmation letter. We reserve the right to substitute a similar property in the unlikely event that the property be unavailable for any reason. However, we may at any time cancel your booking if in our sole discretion there are reasons which require us to do so. If this happens we will give you a full refund of all monies that you have paid and we will have no further liability to you.
You must not bring pets onto the property unless the property you have chosen is a pet friendly one. This will be stated on the property profile. On properties where they are allowed, you may bring up to two dogs or cats, as specified on Seaside Stayz' website, provided that you obtain prior permission from us. You are entirely responsible for the behaviour of the pets and must not allow them to cause a disturbance or damage any part of the property. You must remove all mess from the garden and surrounds. Failure to clean up after your pet will incur a minimum charge of $100.
Excessive Noise & Functions
Excessive noise and functions are not permitted as they can cause disruption to neighbours. A security company may be called to investigate complaints of excessive noise or anti-social behaviour incurring a charge for call out. After one warning guests may be evicted.
If Security is called out to the property because of a complaint, you may have to pay a $100 call out fee and you may be evicted for breeching any of these Terms & Conditions.
1. You must vacate the property by 10am on the day of departure and return the keys to us at the place stipulated on check in. You agree that if you fail to do so you may bring upon yourself extra costs. If you vacate later than this finish time you will pay us a late return fee of a minimum of an extra day's rate, together with any costs or loss of profits and damages that we may incur as a result of the delay.
You agree to leave the property in a clean condition. If you fail to do this, we may inflict an extra cleaning charge. You may not remove anything from the property that was there on your arrival. We have an inventory of all contents of the property.
We will inspect the property after your rental finishes. You agree that you will pay for any damage to the property beyond standard wear and tear, or any losses, or excess cleaning required as a result of your use. You will also pay our costs in arranging for these.
No responsibility is taken by the agent or the landlord for the tenant’s personal property. All personal items left behind will be held at our office for a period of 30 days. Please make arrangements for any items left behind to be picked up within the 30 days; otherwise they will be given to charity.
General rules applicable to accommodation
• All rubbish shall be wrapped, tied and placed where indicated. Bottles/boxes/glass etc placed in recycling bins where provided. All Rubbish must be removed from the property daily.
• No excess noise from Radios, TVs, doors slamming, voices etc to be made at any time within the property or grounds and in particular in residential areas when returning home late. After 10.00pm no noise to be audible outside the property & if necessary, doors & windows should be closed to ensure this.
• If someone is disturbed by a particular noise incident (like a noisy party), they may contact Security or Police who may direct a person causing the noise to stop at any time of the day or night. You may have to pay a $100 call out fee if Security is called to respond to a complaint.
• There are to be no visiting guests overnight. Only registered guests are permitted to stay at the property overnight. Breaching this condition will result in immediate eviction and no remittance of monies paid.
• All Guests are required to keep, retain and leave the property in good order.
• Any damage or breakages are to be reported to Seaside Stayz immediately.
• Inspections of properties may be made with reasonable prior notification to the tenants.
• For SECURITY reasons, Please DO NOT allow access to the property to ANY persons other than Security, Police or those that you CANNOT PERSONALLY identify.
The tenant indemnifies the agent against all liability which may result through injury or loss being personal or proprietary suffered by any person where any injury, damage or loss has been contributed to or caused by any act or occasion of the tenant or his agent.
The agent reserves the right to be sole arbitrators in the event of a dispute.
We cannot be held responsible for the actions of landlords which may result in; the tariff being increased prior to your occupancy, the property is altered in any way, the property is made unavailable for letting, the property being sold. In the event of any of these occurring, we will endeavour to find a replacement property to the same standard.